Hello Kanotix community,
the new Kanotix version called Hellfire is ready. Kanotix 2011-03 Hellfire ISOs are available for download now.
Kanotix Hellfire based on Debian 6.0 (Squeeze). It contains the latest Debian stable branch with all the latest security updates. In addition Kanotix Hellfire provides useful extras and updated packages. This includes
* Kernel 2.6.38 rc6 (Ubuntu - recompiled)
* KDE SC 4.4.5 with new Kanotix Branding
* Amarok 2.4.0
* Libre Office 3.3.1
* Grub2 Bootmanager (Version 1.98+20100804)
* KDE Network Manager (Version 1:0.9~svn1141976) replaced wicd
* Pidgin 2.7.10
* ntfs-3g 2011.1.15
* Wine 1.3.14 (per Lucid PPA)
* Iceweasel 3.5.16
* Icedove 3.0.11
* Kanos scripts for installing Nvidia or ATI graphics driver, as well as Flash-Player-Plugin - more infos here in the forum
...and many more...
You can download the new Kanotix Hellfire 2011-03 ISO images directly or via zsync.
Kanotix Hellfire 2011-03 32 bit - ISO (1.1 GB) | md5 | zsync
Kanotix Hellfire 2011-03 64 bit - ISO (1.1 GB) | md5 | zsync
Kanotix Hellfire 2011-03 2in1 (32+64 bit) - ISO (2.2 GB) | md5 | zsync
As usual all images are hybrid ISO images which can be started from DVD or USB stick.
creating a bootable USB medium
installation of Kanotix
In live mode the new Kanotix Hellfire enables users to mount partitions. You don't need to start Dolphin as root anymore. After a root password prompt the same applies to partitions within a Kanotix installation, that should not be mounted via fstab.
The Kanotix Team thanks all those who have participated in the tests for Kanotix Hellfire. Special thanks to the developers Jörg Schirottke (Kano), Andreas Loibl (Acritox) and Maximilian Gerhard (TheOne). Furthermore the Kanotix project thanks the hosting sponsor Hetzner and the Debian Project.
On behalf of the Kanotix Team
Maximilian Gerhard (TheOne)
Dear Kanotix community!
Yes, Kanotix is still alive, Kano is working on a new release.
The new release will base upon Debian-Lenny and it will contain a lot of new packages like
* Kernel 184.108.40.206 BFS patched
* Kde 3.5.10
* Openoffice 2.4.1 (im ooo3 iso 3.1.1 mit den Paketen von http://www.openoffice.org/)
* Grub2 (1.97 beta 4)
* Wicd 220.127.116.11
* Wine 1.1.35
* Iceweasel 3.0.6 (xulrunner 18.104.22.168)
* Icedove 22.214.171.124
* Kanos scripts for installing the nvidia and ati drivers
...and many more...
Who wants to test Excalibur right now can download one iso containing openoffice 3.1.1 here:
Excalibur OOO3 2009 32 bit
This is a hybrid-iso which can be written on cdrom or onto an usb-stick.
creating a bootable usb-medium
Other versions are available in the IRC.
To access hd partitions execute:
kdesu konqueror media:/
and press on refresh button
Jörg Schirottke (Kano) has released KANOTIX 2007-Thorhammer-RC7
- Kernel 2.6.24 (Ubuntu Kernel with Modifikations and some patches)
- ACPI and DMA enabled by default (can be disabled with acpi=off and nodma respectively)
- i586 optimization - not for use with older CPUs!
- 192 MB RAM required, 256 MB RAM recommended
- Acritox Installer - install program with many new functions from Andreas Loibl
- Actual Kanotix Theme from Cathbard
- Xorg 7.1.1, Beryl 0.2.0, VDR 1.5.2, ALSA 1.0.14, ndiswrapper 1.50
- aufs/ unionfs support (with aufs/unionfs cheat), GParted 0.3.3 with ntfs resize
- NTFS-3g used by default
- KDE 3.5.5a, Openoffice 2.0.4, Amarok 1.4.8, K3b 0.1.4
- Iceweasel 126.96.36.199, IceDove Mail/News Client 188.8.131.52, GIMP 2.2.13
- Automatic installation of graphic-drivers with nvidia and fglrx options
parameters are allowed for the known scripts, samples: nvidia=ar or fglrx=v:7-11
If the RC7 is not starting on your PC take the RC6C release its in the same path, the difference is the Kernel!
Hint: In order to install RC7 on sdX10 or higher you need to update installer: su; fix-unionfs; apt-get update; apt-get install acritoxinstaller expect hotfix release soon.