|You seem to be so modest. I've searched high and low to find which version I'm running, and it's not easy to find. I'm now running the live edition.
So, my suggestion is to have a subitem "About Kanotix" within the Kanotix menu item, which then opens a pop-up window along the lines of "About Iceweasel", and which contais the version, info and contributors, and including for example :
Kanotix Hellfire 2011-05 based on Debian 6.0 (Squeeze).
* Kernel 2.6.38 final (Ubuntu - recompiled)
* KDE SC 4.4.5 with Kanotix Branding
* Amarok 2.4.0
* Libre Office 3.3.2
* Grub2 Bootmanager (Version 1.98+20100804)
* KDE Network Manager (Version 1:0.9~svn1141976)
* Iceweasel 4.0.1
* Icedove 3.1.9
* Pidgin 2.7.11
* ntfs-3g 2011.1.15
* Wine 1.3.19 (per Lucid PPA)
* Kanos scripts for installing Nvidia or ATI graphics driver, as well as Flash-Player-Plugin