19.03.2024, 04:37 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
kb0hae
Titel: HPlip (HP Toolbox) FYI  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.05.2006, 08:29 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Jul 2005

Hi. I have been wondering why the HP Toolbox kept telling me "no connected devices found" whenever I tried to run it. I have a HP Deskjet 970cxi printer. It was connected via a parallel cable. The printer worked fine, but I wanted to be able to use the HP Toolbox. A couple of hours ago, I decided to do some research. A search of the english forums here did not turn up anything applicable. I had already deleted the printer and re-installed it, making sure to use the HP HPlip driver for my printer.

After some searching on the net, I found a page (at sourceforge I think) about HPlip and printer compatibility. It seems that the HP Toolbox only supports my printer if it is connected via a USB port. While I did not look closely at other printers on this list, I did notice that there were quite a few HP printers that HP Toolbox only works with when connected via USB port, and some others that it only works with when a printer is connected to a parallel port.

So I dug up a USB cable, shut off the computer, (NEVER connect a serial or parallel device while the computer is turned on) disconnected the parallel cable from the printer, and connected the USB cable to both the printer and one of the computer's USB ports.

After booting into Kanotix, I used the CUPS Web interface to delete the printer, and install it as a USB printer. The HP Toolbox now detects the printer and works fine. So if you have a similar situation with a printer that gives you the choice to use either a parallel or a USB connection, try switching connection types and see if that helps.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.