13.05.2024, 10:35 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
maxgbw26
Titel: internet settings and e-mail account  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.04.2006, 22:40 Uhr

Anmeldung: 19. Apr 2006

Several hours ago, I succeeded in getting connection with the internet, read and sent some e-mails and after that I shut down the computer.
Now it appears that I lost all those settings and had to do everything again.
How can all settings be saved for the next start-up?
Maxgbw26

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Caluna
Titel: internet settings and e-mail account  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.04.2006, 11:52 Uhr

Anmeldung: 28. Okt 2005

What kind of connection did you use? Ethernet/Lan or WLan or Modem? Normally all settings will be saved and recovered on next startup. Or did you change the user? Because all changes on the mail accounts at kmail are only for the special user who is logged in.

Greetings

C.

maxgbw26
Titel: internet settings and e-mail account  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.04.2006, 14:05 Uhr

I use Via Rhine ll ethernet/Lan. ADSL
A small light starts burning: the first time I was a "not-logged-in" user. The second time I filled in the log-in form.
Could this be the reason? is this also the reason that I have "lost" a couple of e-mails?
How can I find back those e-mails?
Maxgbw26

Caluna
Titel: internet settings and e-mail account  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.04.2006, 14:26 Uhr

Anmeldung: 28. Okt 2005

So it's a little bit confusing as I don't know what you have done before:

You prepared the internet connection and it worked; then you read your mails using an E-mail client, or using the web interface of your vendor? Which client did you use? How did you establish the connection? Did you use Kano's network configuration tool? Did you use the live CD or an installed version?
Isn't it possible to rearrange the I-net coonection again, same way as you did it the first time? Is your network card recognized properly in the Kanotix network configuration tool?

If you used an E-mail cient, your mails would have been downloaded from the pop-server an stored on your hard disk. The location depends on the client you used. Maybe you open konqueror in your home folder an look for the hidden files. Many clients save their settings and mails in these files or folders.

Greetings and good luck,
C.

maxgbw26
Titel: RE: internet settings and e-mail account  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.06.2006, 13:23 Uhr

I am not sure what I did before, when it went wrong. It is possible that I logged in as two different users. But now I have everything working as it supposed to be.
Thanks for helping.
M

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.