24.04.2024, 18:56 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
pdjm
Titel: Home plus Union configured by dot-union (wiki instructions)  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.06.2006, 19:53 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Nov 2004

Hi

I'm wryting about something i saw in kanotix wiki, home plus Union configured by dot-union file. This is the page:
http://wiki.kanotix.net/CoMa.php?CoMa=Dot_Union

I followed this instructions described here and it seems to work. But there are two things i would like to know

When kanotix starts with home plus Union configured by dot-union file it opens Kmix (is this the right name? it's a program to adjust sound volume). Why does this happens?

The other thing is how much can we expect from this option. I can install the ati drivers sucessfuly but when i reboot ati control panel is still there but there are some problems with it. It seems that something is not properly saved or restored from the union file.

I may be asking to much from this option but does anyone here has experience with this?
Pedro

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
ockham23
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 03.06.2006, 20:37 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

I played around with unionfs but took a slightly different approach (no dot_union file needed, see http://kanotix.com/FAQ-id_cat-63.html#q334). It works even better with the ISO sitting on the hard drive; you can also install grub in the MBR and edit /boot/grub/menu.lst to display your cheat codes automatically. There's no need for a boot cd, and you don't have to do any typing.

As to the KMix problem, try closing KMix before you shut down the computer. Check the control bar whether KMix is still active (loudspeaker symbol).

My ATI hardware is too old for the new drivers, so I can't help you with that.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.