20.04.2024, 04:16 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
The_ManU
Titel: os boots only on 2nd restart  BeitragVerfasst am: 09.06.2006, 12:30 Uhr

Anmeldung: 19. Feb 2006

i got the issue that the os will only befound at my hd after restart/reset, otherwise bios freezes at this point i proofed 2 motherboards on the first one (m6tlc) it saidno bootable partition found and on p2l97 it freezes, after restart/reset, no problem, all works fine. i googled a lot but i didnt found anything, your my last hope^^ i use a pci ide controller, hdd with os has 1st partition 500mb swap 2nd 20gb root with bootflag 3th 20gb reiserfs
here infobash:
Host/Kernel/OS "alteKanotixBox" running Linux 2.6.16.16-kanotix-1 i686 [ KANOTIX 2006 Easter ]
CPU Info Pentium II (Deschutes) 512 KB cache flags( - ) clocked at [ 267.307 MHz ]
Videocard ATI RV280 [Radeon 9200 SE] X.Org 7.0.0 [ 1024x768 @76hz ]
Network cards D-Link System RTL8139 Ethernet, at port: c000
Processes 67 | Uptime 30min | Memory 181.984/185.305MB | HDD Maxtor 6K040L0,ST34321A Size 44GB (5%used) | Client Shell | Infobash v2.50rc10

greetings The_ManU

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
schnorrer
Titel: os boots only on 2nd restart  BeitragVerfasst am: 09.06.2006, 13:25 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

the bios from your m6tls is a bit too old, and a bit buggy. This board can only run wit apm <<1.0.

You shold use the follwing cheat noapm noacpia. And of course do not let the BIOS do the automatic Resource configuration.

Ran the BIOS-SETUP and configure all PCI-CARDS manualy. IRQ's. Save the Changes and boot with the cheats again.

rueX
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 09.06.2006, 20:48 Uhr

Anmeldung: 23. Feb 2004
@schnorrer,

me - is the same hardware as the_manu above - but
my problem is:

my router only goes online with a second bootup . . .
in the first bootup there-s lan down - and i can-t get it . . .

not with ifup lan0 / ifup eth0 / netcardconfig - manuel ... or
ifconfig -a (eht0) or dhclient or things like that . . .

only success i have with always a second bootup . . .

ip-192.168.178.21-inet
braodcast 192.168.178.255
net-192.168.178.1

.............any ideas ? (gerne auc in Deutsch ... ) ;.)
ruex

The_ManU
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 10.06.2006, 00:45 Uhr

@ schnorrer, could you please explain your possibilty for getting this strange "boot bug" away more detailed?
i know what boot cheats are, these little shortcuts in grub, but:

"And of course do not let the BIOS do the automatic Resource configuration." <- whats an automatic resource configuration and how can i set it off?

configure all PCI-CARDS manualy. IRQ's" <- how to configure them manually (i have a driver on cd for ide controller,... also linux)?, irq, since some days i know what they make, but didnt do anything, how to set them correctly?"

thank you very much for "first aid"^^

i'm also german, but we're in english coner and so english would be common;), if the problem is solved we can translate the solution cause i think many people have still hardware from stone-age ... Auf den Arm nehmen Kano ^^

schnorrer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 10.06.2006, 02:57 Uhr

High I'll try to explain you my first post.

when the pc starts the peripherial will configgured what I/O and IRQ's the HW should / could use.
since Plug and Play the Bios can do that job. But Plug and Play can have the Meaning Plg in and Pray if the Resources are true available for the peripherie.

To solve such conflickts, the BIOS can forcerd to use the resources at the users need, and not automatic.
I think you have an AWRAD bios.

start the pc and press DEL. This will let you enter the Setup-Util for the Bios.
The Resoursces are mannaged in "Chipset Features" and " PNP and PCI"

Most of the Hannging BiosBoots came from the Chipset features. Bad memory timings. Too Fast
for PNP and PCI depends on manufacturor there I can't give you no advise without having the Boards Handbook.

@RueX Bitte kuzen Post mit verw. auf hier.

The_ManU
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 10.06.2006, 12:02 Uhr

@ schnorrer: here's the manual for my motherboard: http://rapidshare.de/files/22691555/p2l97-105.rar.html packed as rar, but converted into pdf
now i understandd what you mean, but still dont know which options to change, i hope you can help me with the manual.

big thx
The_ManU

PS yes i have an AWARD bios

schnorrer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 10.06.2006, 15:18 Uhr

sorry can't get get the file. leave me the mainboard manuf and mainboardtype I'll get it from there

The_ManU
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 10.06.2006, 22:10 Uhr

asus p2l97 schnorrer, i tried to disable pci 2.1 support, didnt helped

schnorrer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 11.06.2006, 05:12 Uhr

Chipset Features:
give com1 com2 lpt1 Fixed I/O adresses. 3f8,2f8,378
PCI IDE: BOTH

on powermanagement set:
pwoermanamment: USER Define
Videsuspent OFF
all PM Timers to OFF
HDD powerdown OFF
Suspend OFF
Powerupcontroll OFF
PWR Button Instanst off
The others Dissabled

PNPBiosSetup:

PNP OS: NO
the rest you can leave it as is.

Why to set these I've written, The Chipset is to old and BUGGY. And on every reboot or powerup the BIOS will change some of the settings on COM/IRQ powermanagement to new values.

When you boot grub it is the first step all the resources came fom the bios, booting to the kernel stage2 the boot gos thru BIos and the Bios changes tsome Values again. Though we have to set the Parameters for the peripherie as written, to solve our problem with hanging.

This Board can only use APM 0.9 which is not kompatible wit APM 1.1 used by Linux even linux uses APM the coorect way. Weallways have do the BIOSsetting that Linux can work.

The_ManU
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 11.06.2006, 16:22 Uhr

schnorrer: i made the settings as you said, but i've seen that all is setted so, only one com (think its seriell and paralell port in this bios, com is only m$ language^^), i controlled it twice, but it dont helps, after pressing resetbutton, the system boots, a "cold start" ends in hangig at updated esc successfully :'(
so i think there s no hope for the mb anymore or have you another idea?

greetings
The_ManU

schnorrer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 11.06.2006, 17:18 Uhr

No other idea with the actual SW. May be an older Version/kernel which supports this buggy LX-Chipset.

Gowator
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 15.06.2006, 07:48 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2004
One thing you can try is simply a full power-off cycle. Sometimes with a defective bios the hardware is not fully reset. Others are configurable such as some SCSI bios whihc will reset the SCSI bus themselves on a soft reset if you configure them. This is usually an option when loading the module.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger  
The_ManU
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 15.06.2006, 15:24 Uhr

@Gowator: sounds good, because all is perfect after a restart, can you explain me your idea more detailed please (don't know where to set)?

tHx &greetz
The_ManU

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.