25.04.2024, 02:52 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
mdmarmer
Titel: Kororaa XGL Live CD and the comments from the Free Software  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.06.2006, 15:04 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Mar 2006
Kororaa XGL Live CD and the comments from the Free Software Foundation

Has anyone been following this? It bothers me.

Kororaa is a live CD (installable) which works on many PCs and gives you XGL eye candy with little or no user input required. It's a beta and is far from perfect. Besides that, it's based on Gentoo, so it's a little hard to update or upgrade. But I think it's the easiest way to get a working XGL. Now the Free Software Foundation says kororaa violates GPL because it bundles proprietary binary modules (NVidia and ATI fglrx) with the kernel. I think it's sad when GPL and FSF stand in the way of a major advance in Linux Live CDs.

Mike

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
lendusaquid
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 20.06.2006, 20:56 Uhr

Anmeldung: 27. Jul 2005
Looks like dogma putting the chains on freedom to me, yet again!!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
slam
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 20.06.2006, 21:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Okt 2004
Freedom can never be a dogma - it's a value. The FSF fights for a very long term focused, but important freedom for everybody, while you fight for your personal freedom of having tomorrow's eyecandy today. How where the names of those 2 old guys sitting on the balcony ... Winken
Greetings,
Chris

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
noahsark
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 22.06.2006, 01:46 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Jun 2006
Waldorf and Staedtler. I assume you mean the two old guys from the muppet show, right?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
slam
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 22.06.2006, 08:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Okt 2004
Yeah! Winken
Greetings,
Chris

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 22.06.2006, 14:15 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
noahsark hat folgendes geschrieben::
Waldorf and Staedtler. I assume you mean the two old guys from the muppet show, right?

LOL Smilie Almost spit my coffee, thanks for the laugh and memories

noahsark
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 04:54 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Jun 2006
You are most welcome Smilie It's nice to give a little something back to the community. I'm afraid my linux knowledge is a bit shallow, but I know other things- useless things.

The first season of muppets is out on DVD here in the states. I bought it for my kids. Tonight we watched one that had the Phantom of the Muppet Show. Do you remember him, the Phantom? His name is Uncle Deadly. He's my favorite.

piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 17:36 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
noahsark hat folgendes geschrieben::
You are most welcome Smilie It's nice to give a little something back to the community. I'm afraid my linux knowledge is a bit shallow, but I know other things- useless things.

The first season of muppets is out on DVD here in the states. I bought it for my kids. Tonight we watched one that had the Phantom of the Muppet Show. Do you remember him, the Phantom? His name is Uncle Deadly. He's my favorite.

Yes I remember Uncle Deadly !!

I am getting old Smilie

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.