19.04.2024, 10:24 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
marcia
Titel: Synaptic and torrent downloads not working  BeitragVerfasst am: 27.06.2006, 19:56 Uhr

Anmeldung: 19. Mai 2006

Dear All,

For some reason synaptic will not download or install anything for me right now. Ktorrent just stalls out, too. I can use the internet just fine, though.

Oddly, I just downloaded google earth for linux and when I tried to run it I got an xserver error something like x:0 was refused.

This is all strange to me and is it all related somehow?

Mainly I would love to know how to fix it.

I have kde 3.5.2, and kernel 2.6.15.6-kanotix-1, 500 gigs of harddrive, 1 gig of ram, etc.

I know there is a simple fix for the xserver error, but I totally forgot it. The no downloading from synaptic or torrent is a new problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Marcia

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
mzilikazi
Titel: Re: Synaptic and torrent downloads not working  BeitragVerfasst am: 27.06.2006, 22:27 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
marcia hat folgendes geschrieben::

Oddly, I just downloaded google earth for linux and when I tried to run it I got an xserver error something like x:0 was refused.

Sounds like you are trying to run googleearth as root? Try as user.

You must run Synaptic as root. So, in a shell:
Code:
$ sux
# synaptic

If that's already how you are running Synaptic and it's still not working perhaps you are behind a proxy?

Does apt-get work?
Code:
su
apt-get update

Afterall Synaptic is only a frontend for apt.

Sorry, but I don't use bittorrent/ktorrent.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
marcia
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 28.06.2006, 00:19 Uhr

Anmeldung: 19. Mai 2006

Thank you very much for your reply. It somewhat fixed itself, synaptic that is. It was not a problem with synaptic. When I did apt-get update in the console I found out that the debian.org unstable repository was not working, but others were. I just shut down the computer and came back later and voila now it is working. I have not tried the ktorrent yet.

The xserver problem was resolved by editing the /etc/kde3/kdm/xserver file-adding -ac to the x:0 line. I found this fix and it seems to have worked.

Thanks for the suggestions. I do not know what the problem was from, but at least synaptic is working fine again.

Thanks very much.

Sincerely,

Marcia Stanton

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.