27.04.2024, 00:17 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
gardyloo
Titel: CUPS misbehaving again?  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.07.2006, 22:37 Uhr

Anmeldung: 14. Apr 2006

Well, for about the last 10 days (since the last CUPS debacle), printing has worked fine. Yesterday (June 30), I tried printing, and no go.

Removing/reinstalling cupsys and related programs, variously editing /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and doing /etc/initd./cupsys restart, and even going in through the web interface (which worked for me before) isn't seeming to work now.
I can add the printer, and send jobs to it. The web interface even shows that the job successfully completes. However, nothing will print. It works fine from other computers!

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems again. So I'm not so lonely *sniff*.

Thanks!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
schnorrer
Titel: CUPS misbehaving again?  BeitragVerfasst am: 02.07.2006, 00:34 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

sniff to less info about printer brand/model and connection lp or usb. cupssys version.

jiro
Titel: Re: CUPS misbehaving again?  BeitragVerfasst am: 02.07.2006, 01:48 Uhr

Anmeldung: 27. Jun 2005

gardyloo hat folgendes geschrieben::
Just wondering if anyone else is having problems again.

http://www.kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-18797.html

gardyloo
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 02.07.2006, 02:51 Uhr

Anmeldung: 14. Apr 2006

Thanks, jiro. I had posted in that message thread already, and was sort of referring to it by mentioning "the last CUPS debacle", and tried several of the fixes mentioned therein.

Indeed, schnorrer, I probably should have given more details. Notice, though, that in previous posts very few details were given, because everyone seemed to have the same problems.

For now I'll assume that I'm the only one with CUPS misbehaving at the moment, and continue to try to fix it.

Cheers, all!

neal
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 02.07.2006, 04:58 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Feb 2006
gardyloo hat folgendes geschrieben::
Thanks, jiro. I had posted in that message thread already, and was sort of referring to it by mentioning "the last CUPS debacle", and tried several of the fixes mentioned therein.

Indeed, schnorrer, I probably should have given more details. Notice, though, that in previous posts very few details were given, because everyone seemed to have the same problems.

For now I'll assume that I'm the only one with CUPS misbehaving at the moment, and continue to try to fix it.

Cheers, all!

Mine went out again - the web interface couldn't communicate with the printer. I uninstalled it and exited the browser. I then reopened the web interface and reinstalled the printer. It's working again. Very easy, this time. Why it quit, I don't know - could have been turning the computer off at night, a power failure yesterday, or installing a new kernel today.

If anyone is keeping score, I have Kanotix 2005-4 (dist-upgraded until a few days ago), cups 1.2.1-3, parallel Epson Stylus Color 640.

I tried just about everything suggested on that printer thread, but as of now:
- I do not modprobe lp or load the module (lp0 appears in /dev when I print). - I have not commented out the Listen line in cupsd.conf.
- The only change I still have is editing KDEPrint/ Print Manager / CUPS Server Setting from /var/run/cups/cups.sock to localhost and restarting the CUPS server. Er, at least, I think that's it - I threw out several pages of notes when my printer started working again.

Good luck!

2radical
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 02.07.2006, 06:25 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Dez 2005
gardyloo: On the last page of the link that jiro supplied:
http://www.kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-18797.html
I posted what worked for me. I don't know if you've read it or not, but I've had WEEKS long struggles with printing, & finally got it to work. I don't know how long it's going to remain that way, though. I'm afraid to reboot or do another dist-upgrade until I print all the stuff I need to.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.