23.04.2024, 18:20 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
ChronoStriker1
Titel: Laptop touchpad and Fn buttons  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.07.2006, 05:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Aug 2005

I just got a new laptop (averatec av1050-eb1) and kanotix runs awsome on it. Im just having a few issues that Id like to fix.
Ist I have an elantech touchpad and I cant find any info to configure it
I have no idea how to get the Fn buttons to work (mainly the volume buttons)
And last how do I have the system go into suspend when the lid is shut. Right now the monitor shuts off but the system stays on.

Thanks

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
mdmarmer
Titel: Laptop buttons -- don't know about touchpad or suspend ;-(  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.07.2006, 14:57 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Mar 2006
First thing to try is KDE:

Open Control Center
Regional & Accessibility>Keyboard Layout>Mark box for Enable Keyboard Layouts>Select Laptop/notebook Compaq Armada

If that doesn't work you will need to use xmodmap:

Example from compaq v2310ca presario. You have to use xmodmap to map these buttons to functions. The first thing to do is open a console and use xev in order to determine the key codes that these buttons generate. Compaq mute is 160, volume up is 176 and volume down is 174. Once you know what your keycodes are you can create a file like the one below that specifies the xmodmap settings. I keep this file called .Xmodmap in my home directory. Just replace these keycodes with the ones you determine with the xev tool. To test the .Xmodmap file just type xmodmap ~path/.Xmodmap. Your volume buttons should then work. If they work then you can launch the .Xmodmap file on startup via a script in your /.kde/Autostart/ directory.

keycode 162 = XF86AudioPlay
keycode 164 = XF86AudioStop
keycode 144 = XF86AudioPrev
keycode 153 = XF86AudioNext
keycode 176 = XF86AudioRaiseVolume
keycode 174 = XF86AudioLowerVolume
keycode 160 = XF86AudioMute

Mike

Also --- this is old info --- may be different for Xorg 7.0

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.