19.03.2024, 06:48 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
ozonehole
Titel: Bug reporting  BeitragVerfasst am: 12.06.2006, 01:21 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Jun 2006

I am having a very hard time figuring out just where on this forum (or elsewhere on the kanotix.com website) I should file bug reports. I've been searching, and haven't come up with any useful hit on the words "bug" or "bugs".

Right now, I'm trying to report a showstopper installation bug. I posted the problem here:

http://kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-18685.html

Some kind people responded, but no one seems to have a real solution, and it looks like a bug that needs to be fixed (hopefully with the next release).

There is a section on the forum for reporting new features we'd like to see in Kanotix, but that doesn't really sound like the right place to report bugs. It seems like the forum either needs a "Bug Reporting" section or else a bug-reporting link should be prominently listed on the home page of the website.

I could, of course, just try sending bug reports to Kano by email, but that doesn't seem like the proper way to do it.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
devil
Titel: Bug reporting  BeitragVerfasst am: 12.06.2006, 06:56 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
re: the other thread: last post by superrakete works definitely.
for bugs just post the problem ont he appropriate section here. most bugs you find, need their bugreport sent to either kde, debian or package maintainers, but first we try to find a solution/workaround.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

2radical
Titel: Major Bug  BeitragVerfasst am: 28.06.2006, 07:02 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Dez 2005
I noticed on a recent Google search that a lot of people are having problems being unable to print:
"Results 1 - 10 of about 3,750,000 for can't print. "
That's 3 3/4 million posts on this topic, not to mention in our neck of the woods:

http://kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-18742.html
http://kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-18797.html

When will Kanotix address this basic computer malfunction?
It's not just Kanotix, but a widespread systematic failure.

What are we supposed to say to people who are thinking of switching from Windows to GNU/Linux? "Oh yeah, it's just great if you don't need to ever print anything." Or something like that?

What's wrong with cupsd, or KDE, or whatever's causing this problem? It seems to me like people are sitting on their thumbs regarding this issue. It's a big deal if you're effected by it. It'd be nice to see this item in the News section of the forum, as it is a major bug.

mzilikazi
Titel: Re: Major Bug  BeitragVerfasst am: 04.08.2006, 01:24 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
2radical hat folgendes geschrieben::

What's wrong with cupsd, or KDE, or whatever's causing this problem? It seems to me like people are sitting on their thumbs regarding this issue. It's a big deal if you're effected by it. It'd be nice to see this item in the News section of the forum, as it is a major bug.

OK maybe we can try to get more things like this posted in a prominent place but to be fair Kanotix simply cannot be expected to fix every broken package that comes from Debian.

Perhaps you should look at it like this; the coders that give us CUPS (for free) are addressing the issue of easing printing for Linux. Sometimes along the way things get broken. Would you also complain about the potholes in the road you drive to work everyday and then also complain that you had to wait 15 minutes when the road construction crews were repairing the very same holes?

If your simple search on Google is really an indicator of anything then I guess my own little Google search is also worthy of note:

Code:
Results 1 - 10 of about 14,500,000 for windows sucks.

That's more than 10,000,000 more results than for 'can't print' which means..............

absolutely nothing.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.