29.03.2024, 05:13 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Coma
9 Titel: Lost kde?  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.08.2006, 18:30 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Aug 2006

Hi,
I just recently registered here,
So forgive me if i kinda use incorrectly the forum, and well, apart from that, im also new to Kanotix Verlegen . So i was just gonna see if anybody could help me out with a little problem or atleast tell me they have the same problem Auf den Arm nehmen.

Well i downloaded Kanotix, i'm kind of curious to try out linux (since i've heard quite alot about it) and see how things go and right now im it aint going too well (i guees thats cuz im a total no-good Geschockt)
Geschockt. To be honest i have several problems but i'll just focus down to one, (sorry for all that crap).

Starting up the computer i get through the grub and down to the part where it starts up everything and checks for hardware,etc...

but then at the moment it's about to go to the login screen, it just goes back and asks me to login but through the command line, i tried reconfiguring kde, installing wdm and trying that out, apt-get update (here's another problem where i think since i've got an old version the links where it's supposed to download the things that i need to update kanotix dont exsist anymore...i guees)

... but nothing, im stuck with the command line. My final try was that i tried looking at a specific file in etc/kde3/kdmcr but i didnt dare to touch anything there with the "vim" (sorry its that u might have noticed that im writing from another computer and dont have everything at hand, so please forgive me for not being precise).

So I guees you could say I kinda lost my user interface for kanotix. Anyway hope someone can help or redirect me to some other post with a possible solution

Thank you, Mit den Augen rollen

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: RE: Lost kde?  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.08.2006, 18:39 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

What version did you download?

devil
Titel: Lost kde?  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.08.2006, 18:41 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
coma,
let us know yer hardware please.
did ya burn the cd as iso with DAO option and slow?

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

Coma
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 07.08.2006, 20:40 Uhr

Im using an:
AMD Anthlon 1.2Ghz
2 HD of 20G each one primary master (where i have windows in theory) and a primary slave where i installed Kanotix (kanotix didnt recognize the other hard disk)
and i think 376 MB RAM
Nvidia geforce 64 Mb

sorry if i havent given you further details on my hardware. I never do remember.. :S

and the Kanotix version i downloaded is 2.78 and i did burn it as an ISO slow and verifying data.

I hope this helps you.

p.s.
I have been thinking of reinstalling Kanotix since i have no important files yet (although im a bit afraid of losing all my other partition..which actually already seems lost..xD ). and trying to correct the update links so that when i do apt-get update, i'll be able to get the right things.

piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 07.08.2006, 22:11 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
and the Kanotix version i downloaded is 2.78

Maybe this is over my head, Where did you download it from ???

If you look on the left hand side of this forum you will see the latest versions of kanotix or here

http://debian.tu-bs.de/project/kanotix/preview/

You have to use DAO to burn Kanotix

DAO stands for Disc At Once.The recorder burns the entire disc in one session.Kanotix uses high compression technology (not the same Knoppix does) special care is needed when burning the CD, use high quality CD-media [or DVD+RW] and burn in DAO-mode not faster than 8x

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
phen
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 00:54 Uhr

Anmeldung: 10. Nov 2004
coma,
are you sure you didn't mix up knoppix and kanotix Winken ?

Coma
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 01:04 Uhr

Heya,
Sorry, wrong info, my kanotix version is probably 2-6-11 (2005-03). i probably put out the Init version or something like that...

Downloading the lastest versions do i need to add all three of the iso's? (.iso .iso.crc .iso.md5), and I might not know much of Nero but i dont seem to recall anything about burning it as a DAO. Or is there some specific program for this?

Thanks,

Coma
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 01:08 Uhr

phen hat folgendes geschrieben::

are you sure you didn't mix up knoppix and kanotix Winken ?

yea im sure its Kanotix Auf den Arm nehmen 32 bit, i mean i had that fish icon when the desktop was working.. and well the grub also says:

Debian GNU/Linux Kernel 2.6.11-Kanotix-11

Kano
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 01:45 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

Get easter one. Yours is way too old.

Coma
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 11:03 Uhr

Yea I might aswell download the new version to save me up all this trouble Smilie. Anyway i still have a question, looking at the previews i see there are 3 diferent easter downloads (.iso .iso.crc .iso.md5). I noticed that .iso is the main one (being 670M) but im not sure if the other 2 are necessary.

ockham23
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 11:19 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

iso.crc and iso.md5 contain checksums to verify data integrity of the iso file after download: http://www.kanotix.net/FAQ-id_cat-15.html#q57

Coma
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 12:13 Uhr

Thanks ockham23, and all the others for your time. Sooner or later i'll come up with other issues once i get the new version of Kanotix on.. Smilie

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.