25.04.2024, 20:57 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
eco2geek
Titel: Commercial app repository added to Ubuntu  BeitragVerfasst am: 17.08.2006, 07:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Mai 2004
Article here. Wonder how much you have to pay Canonical to get your commercial app in there. Geschockt

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
piper
Titel: RE: Commercial app repository added to Ubuntu  BeitragVerfasst am: 17.08.2006, 08:53 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
DesktopSecure is a security suite for Linux workstations, integrating anti-malware and firewall technologies.

Firewall I can see but, Malware on linux ??

I would say a buck 2 80 on price Winken not for me

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
ockham23
Titel: RE: Commercial app repository added to Ubuntu  BeitragVerfasst am: 17.08.2006, 09:03 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

Maybe it's just harmless and they need anti virus software to prevent Ubuntu from running into Windows-like security problems that could stop their ambitious project of bringing Linux to the masses.

What I'm worried about is the way how they methodically organize people to recruit new users. There are supporters, mentors and local groups that are busy spreading the software, telling people how happy they are with Ubuntu. This looks frightingly evangelical, even brainwashed. Right from the scientology manual.

devil
Titel: RE: Commercial app repository added to Ubuntu  BeitragVerfasst am: 17.08.2006, 09:09 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
ockham,
fully agree, it semms to turn that way.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

piper
Titel: RE: Commercial app repository added to Ubuntu  BeitragVerfasst am: 17.08.2006, 09:13 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
ockham,

I have to say your right on target Winken

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
jackiebrown
Titel: RE: Commercial app repository added to Ubuntu  BeitragVerfasst am: 17.08.2006, 23:18 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Mai 2005
As bad as those Gentoo users Winken

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.