20.04.2024, 00:50 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
tuxedo
Titel: Kanotix on diet  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.08.2006, 11:38 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Mai 2005

I have a 2005-04 and need to slim it down a bit. There are various programs I simply don't have use for so after install I would run for example apt-get remove wine.

What are the 10 or 20 largest programs on Kanotix which could be the next candidates for removal, but not including Open Office?

Also, when approximately will 2006-easter-rc4 become a Stable Release?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
joer04
Titel: Re: Kanotix on diet  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.08.2006, 12:31 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Feb 2005
tuxedo hat folgendes geschrieben::
I have a 2005-04 and need to slim it down a bit. There are various programs I simply don't have use for so after install I would run for example apt-get remove wine.

What are the 10 or 20 largest programs on Kanotix which could be the next candidates for removal, but not including Open Office?

Also, when approximately will 2006-easter-rc4 become a Stable Release?

A very simple approach for this is to use a packagemanger like synaptic or kpackage which can sort packeges according to their size. You can easily remove them completely (equal to apt-get remove --purge package) from there. At least synaptic has the advantage that it keeps track when and what was uninstalled (some kind of "undo" in this context). Moreover you can read the description and dependencies of the packages and you can save the changes to a file, transfer them to other machines and apply them there too.

BTW, if you use these tool (apt-get remove, synaptic, ...) fire up orphaner at the end so that orphaned packages will be removed too. remove-orphans should also to the job.

tuxedo
Titel: RE: Re: Kanotix on diet  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.08.2006, 13:05 Uhr

OK - I understand I have to include the --purge bit in order for the wine package to be completely removed. For example: apt-get remove --purge wine would do the trick.

I prefer to use the command line because I can then remove/include several programs using a shell script. Although I do have Synaptic installed, I could not find the list-by-size feature there but I can find that in Kpackage.

Thanks for the tips!

anticapitalista
Titel: RE: Re: Kanotix on diet  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.08.2006, 15:30 Uhr

Anmeldung: 23. Mai 2005
Type:
dpkg-query -W --showformat='${Installed-Size} ${Package}\n' | sort -n

This will list all packages and size.

tuxedo
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 25.08.2006, 16:05 Uhr

Thanks - your one-liner will become part of my kde-gui widgets!

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.