19.04.2024, 10:52 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
al3
Titel: Scanner on all-in-on HP c3180 won't work  BeitragVerfasst am: 30.08.2006, 06:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Mai 2005

The printer prints, but scanner is not seen by either xsane or kooka. When I booted up and run xsane I got:

Code:

Aug 29 22:11:47 kanotix1 xsane: unable to open /var/run/hplip/hpiod.port: No such file or directory: prnt/hpijs/hplip_api.c 84
Aug 29 22:11:47 kanotix1 xsane: unable to connect hpiod socket 50000: Connection refused: prnt/hpijs/hplip_api.c 703
Aug 29 22:11:47 kanotix1 xsane: ProbeDevices(): unable to send message: Bad file descriptor

I then ran /etc/init.d/hplip start

I ran xsane again and got this syslog:

Code:

Aug 29 22:14:08 kanotix1 python: hpssd [ERROR] Not found
Aug 29 22:14:08 kanotix1 python: hpssd [WARN] Inrecognized URI: parallel:/dev/lp0
Aug 29 22:14:08 kanotix1 python: hpssd [WARN] Inrecognized URI: usb://Q8160A?serial=MY66RC31XM04KV

Shouldn't hplip start with Kanotix boot?

Anyone have any idea why this printer is not recognized by Xsane or Kooka?

Thanks,
Al

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
monkymind
Titel: RE: Scanner on all-in-on HP c3180 won  BeitragVerfasst am: 30.08.2006, 09:23 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Aug 2004

try here for scanner help:
http://hplip.sourceforge.net/troublesho ... nning.html

I've run a 3-in-1 HP 1315 on Kanotix for a long time - initially under hpoj then hplip when that came out. IIRC my initial problems were with sane's dll.conf file (I think I just needed to add hpaio to it). Perhaps if the link above doesn't help, we can compare your setting to mine and try to locate the problem .....?

Cheers
rob
PS this is what scanimage -L reports on my box
Code:
scanimage -L
device `net:192.168.22.106:hpaio:/usb/psc_1310_series?serial=MY464BB2GXO2' is a hp psc_1310_series multi-function peripheral

Kano
Titel: RE: Scanner on all-in-on HP c3180 won  BeitragVerfasst am: 30.08.2006, 11:37 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

/etc/init.d/hplip start

or maybe setup, and then

update-rc.d -f hplip defaults

al3
Titel: RE: Scanner on all-in-on HP c3180 won  BeitragVerfasst am: 30.08.2006, 15:21 Uhr

I tried the the scanimag -L and got a long laundary list of items but it says no scanners were found.

According to http://hplip.sourceforge.net/supported_ ... t_aio.html (very bottom) the hp c3100 series is supported.

I did the /etc/init.d/hplip start command (there is no 'setup' command. but that did nothing... when I ran xsane it still gives me the 'no scanners found' dialog box.

Is there any relationship between cups and scanning?

Al

clubex
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.08.2006, 16:35 Uhr

Anmeldung: 30. Nov 2005

al3: I couldn't get into sourceforge to check but are you sure
the scanner side of the c3100 is supported?

While the printer seems to be supported a look on the Sane
website suggests the scanner isn't.

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.h ... TT-PACKARD

The sane-project is the usual developer for Linux scanning and if a
scanner doesn't appear here it probably isn't supported on Linux (YET).

I would suggest you look through the Sane mailing lists.

http://www.sane-project.org/mailing-lists.html

It's just possible a Sane backend is being produced or maybe someone
has found that an existing backend can be used.

monkymind
Titel: Re: RE: Scanner on all-in-on HP c3180 won  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.08.2006, 00:25 Uhr

al3 hat folgendes geschrieben::
I tried the the scanimag -L and got a long laundary list of items but it says no scanners were found.

According to http://hplip.sourceforge.net/supported_ ... t_aio.html (very bottom) the hp c3100 series is supported.

Al

Is hpaio uncommented in your sane dll.conf file?

al3
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Scanner on all-in-on HP c3180 won  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.08.2006, 05:35 Uhr

Yes. hapio is uncommented in the sane dll.conf file. This must be a printer issue. I tried this with Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mepis, and Freespire live CDs and got same errors on all of them. Obviously the info on the sane site is wrong about this particular printer. Even the H-P Toolbox says it is an unsupported printer (but it prints fine!) Well choice is good... but sometimes it leads to both anarchy and false information. Time to move on.

Al

monkymind
Titel: Re: RE: Re: RE: Scanner on all-in-on HP c3180 won  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.08.2006, 07:32 Uhr

al3 hat folgendes geschrieben::
Yes. hapio is uncommented in the sane dll.conf file. This must be a printer issue. I tried this with Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mepis, and Freespire live CDs and got same errors on all of them. Obviously the info on the sane site is wrong about this particular printer. Time to move on.
Al

I believe hplip provides the backend (hpaio) for SANE, so if (or when) HPLIP supports your printer SANE will work too ........

All the best,
rob
PS you haven't mentioned which version of hplip you were using.
The most recent version of hplip (2006-08-02) is in unstable:
Package: hplip (1.6.7-2, 0.9.11-2)
* HPAIO SANE backend (hpaio) for flatbed and Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) scanning using MFP devices

titan
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Scanner on all-in-on HP c3180 won  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.08.2006, 09:11 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Mai 2005
someone else with HP 3 in 1 printer problems

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dodPR7h_ytI

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.