10.04.2024, 07:37 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
eco2geek
Titel: AIGLX now works with NVidia beta drivers  BeitragVerfasst am: 29.09.2006, 08:49 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Mai 2004
You may have heard of AIGLX, a 3D-desktop technology that's similar to XGL. In a nutshell (and as I understand it), XGL uses a modified X server running on top of an unmodified X.org server, while AIGLX is "built into" X.org 7.1. XGL was created by Novell/Suse, while AIGLX was created by RedHat and has the support of the X.org people. The end result -- the 3D desktop -- looks similar, as both XGL and AIGLX use an OpenGL compositing window manager (e.g. compiz).

Up until now, NVidia didn't support AIGLX, but with the appearance of its beta 1.0.9625 drivers, it does.

An easy way to try both XGL and AIGLX, if you have an NVidia card, is to run the latest Sabayon Linux live CD, which will let you use either XGL or AIGLX.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
devil
Titel: AIGLX now works with NVidia beta drivers  BeitragVerfasst am: 29.09.2006, 09:20 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
ecogeek,
beryl works with nvidia for kanotix. use at your OWN RISK:
Code:
http://kanotixguide.org/dl/debian.no.repo/Benix/beryl/

read the INSTALL txt in the package.
you have to set nvidia - script to use the newest beta driver, since its not set to default in the script.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

makke
Titel: AIGLX now works with NVidia beta drivers  BeitragVerfasst am: 29.09.2006, 13:15 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 02. Jan 2005
for latest version add
deb http://kanotixguide.org/debian sid main non-free contrib
to your /etc/apt/sources.list

Kano
Titel: RE: AIGLX now works with NVidia beta drivers  BeitragVerfasst am: 29.09.2006, 15:26 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

Beryl works somehow with AIGLX, for nvidia use

update-scripts-kanotix.sh
install-nvidia-debian.sh -c

That enables all Options for AIGLX and installs 9625 driver. I got it to work with gf2mx and gf4mx (onboard), maybe enable skydome if you don't see the top/bottom images.

eco2geek
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.09.2006, 02:18 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Mai 2004
I wasn't able to get AIGLX to work using the INSTALL instructions. However, your XGL script ("install-compiz-sh") works wonderfully.

jackiebrown
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.09.2006, 04:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Mai 2005
for those that lurk the forums but use straight debian - the beta drivers are in experimental

zulu9
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.10.2006, 00:18 Uhr

Anmeldung: 31. Jul 2004

Zitat:
Beryl works somehow with AIGLX, for nvidia use
update-scripts-kanotix.sh
install-nvidia-debian.sh -c

Worked too on my gf4ti. I prefer AIGLX/Beryl over XGL/Compiz because now I get Xvideo-Support and can switch to kwin (for full speed in 3D-Apps) anytime. Sehr glücklich

Cathbard
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 03.10.2006, 20:12 Uhr
Artist
Artist

Anmeldung: 11. Aug 2005
Well I used compiz/XGL for a little while and have now switched to beryl/aiglx. Seems solider, if that makes sense. Faster too. Like it lots.

PS: It seems that compiz themes work fine in beryl. All I've been doing is changing the extension from .cgwdtheme to .emerald and they have been loading fine in emerald using the import button.
The themes then get stored in ~/.emerald/themes

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.