28.03.2024, 14:27 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
drb
Titel: Problems setting up zd1211 in Kanotix-2006-01-RC4  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.10.2006, 18:10 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Jul 2004

Moved from another thread :

I have a 3Com USB wireless dongle. The chipset is based on zd1211 chipset which appears to be built into the 2.6.18 kernel. I can 'see' my wireless network on eth2 along with two or three others in the area but can't connect. I've tried netcardconfig and the command line method but get the following error :

"error for wireless request "set frequency""

I've tried every combination of methods to connect including disabling WEP with no success. It's the same on LiveCD and installed RC4. Any ideas on what I should try?

drb

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
sanger440
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 05.10.2006, 19:34 Uhr

Anmeldung: 23. Nov 2005
I got my airllink 101 usb dongle with zd1211b chipset to work with the Kanotix Easter release using the drivers and instructions here:

http://zd1211.ath.cx/#Download

Should work for your zd1211 chipset also.

Sanger

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Yahoo Messenger  
slh
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 05.10.2006, 22:00 Uhr

Anmeldung: 16. Aug 2004

Starting with kernel 2.6.18, zd1211 should be supported out of the box - the driver compiles "apt-get update ; apt-get install zd1211rw-firmware" installs the firmware where it's supposed to be, that's all we can test without access to the hardware in question.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.