19.03.2024, 05:51 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
drb
Titel: Nikon LS4000 firewire scanner timeout  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.08.2006, 10:20 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Jul 2004

I have a Nikon Firewire LS4000 scanner. It is recognised via the firewire-scsi channel as scsi1. I can preview and even scan up to about 1200dpi. At 4000 dpi it needs to read 347kb in one read but it fails at this point. Anyone have any ideas on increasing the timeout / data packet capability of firewire / scsi? This is a common fault with USB but I haven't found anything for firewire.

This is one of last two jobs for which I still need to use Windiws. The other is running PT Gui panoramic stitching which runs tooooo sloooow under Wine.

drb

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
schnorrer
Titel: Nikon LS4000 firewire scanner timeout  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.08.2006, 12:49 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

not yet for the packet size with firewire or timeout. This parameters are hardwired. The olny parameters I know is the BUFFER-Size and amount of Buffers.

Next parameters tochange are the tranfering modes and speed.
USB supports mode 0, 1 and 2 all tree modes sync or bulk. Sync means all transferd packets are ack, errortollerant, Bulk means send as quick as the mode allows, but do no errorcheck. timeouts or packetloss can occure.

with firewire there is only a speedsetting. 400Mbit or 800Mbit always sync. If tehere is a timeout caused from eiter sides, ther must be an error with the firewire-chips, or cable.

Cable to long for fullspeed 800MBit or bad cable-quality. unshielded where a shielded is preffered.

Chips incompatile: on pc-side a via-firewire-chip and in the scanner a nec-chip.

Coomon for timouts USB/firewire scanner uses no own powersupply and the Port can't serve this amount of amp's used by the scanner. soloution here: use a seperate powresuply for the scanner.

drb
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 22.08.2006, 13:44 Uhr

schnorrer,

Thanks for the reply. I seem to have 'fixed' the problem by sampling the scan at 2x or greater. This presumably reduces each individual packet size such that my scanner now works!

drb

drb
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 18.10.2006, 15:44 Uhr

Vuescan have now fixed this problem so the latest release works fine.

drb

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.