19.03.2024, 05:34 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
feffer777
Titel: Escape from spinning CD syndrome?  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.10.2006, 00:52 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Feb 2006
Sometimes a CD or DVD disc will get in some kind of loop and keep spinning. Even killing the original app will not get it to stop and eject. Usually, I can't get control and have to do a hard reboot with the ON button. Anyone know a better way to handle this?

Thanks,
Ron

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
mzilikazi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 19.10.2006, 05:13 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
When does this occur? What app are you using? It's obviously not normal.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
slh
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 19.10.2006, 11:44 Uhr

Anmeldung: 16. Aug 2004

Something like that usually indicates a firmware problem with the affected drive (perhaps triggered by barely readable media).

feffer777
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 20.10.2006, 00:47 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Feb 2006
It usually occures when copying a DVD that I own with k9copy. The disk to be copied may indeed have an error (probably intentional). If I have to go to the IRC with this one, I understand.

Thanks,
Ron

h2
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 20.10.2006, 01:14 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2005

I've seen that issue, many times you can fix it by going to console, su to root, then use the eject command

I'm not sure which version you eject now, I think it's eject /media/hdc or whatever it is, might be: eject /dev/hdc

try both, it used to work.

The problem is that the program owns the cd or dvd as root, I think anyway, so you can't force eject without being root.

<added>
Yes, just tested it, as root: eject /dev/hdc forces ejection assuming that's your cd / dvd location.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.