28.03.2024, 13:15 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
nish
Titel: Video Capture or TV Tuner recommendation  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.10.2006, 16:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Apr 2004

Hi. I run Kanotixes on a couple of machines, using Easter as main OS on main machine. I have loads of home movies on VHS that I had wanted to get digital before they degrade too much. I realize there are services that do this but I would like to pick and choose. I am also poor Traurig

Anyone have a recommendation for a linux friendly tv tuner card which is what I guess I need? - My VCR does coax or composite out. I have decent nvidia cards in all my machines and don't want to go for another video card. I suppose I could get any at all and do it in windows, but I hate booting that up and would rather stick with linux compatible.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
mzilikazi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 20.10.2006, 18:33 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
I can't really say which is the best card for this. I do have a BTTV Wingotv card that cost only $20 US . It 'just works' with Linux. Anything with the bttv chipset should work fine. It has a Video In jack that works fine for capture from an analog source. Capture the audio with your soundcard of course.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
nish
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 20.10.2006, 19:13 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Apr 2004

Thanks, Mzi most of the cards I am looking at online (that can further search for chipset info on) come up with a Conexant chipset ?2388? that should work if not perhaps the tuner. Tuner isn't a real issue for me since the signal is from VCR and sound probably not an issue either as most of the home movies have no sound. (yeah, many were transferred to VHS from 8mm a zillion years ago, I am not only poor but old Smilie

Pet peeve: why don't mfrs or vendors or both give chipset information for things like this. It is so hard unless you physically have the card and spot a number on a chip. I guess because only Linuxers care about chipset numbers Traurig

kenyee
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 20.10.2006, 19:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Jan 2006

If you have HDTV in your area, get the Fusion5 (roughly $140)...

mzilikazi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 20.10.2006, 23:38 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
nish hat folgendes geschrieben::
Thanks, Mzi most of the cards I am looking at online (that can further search for chipset info on) come up with a Conexant chipset ?2388? that should work if not perhaps the tuner. Tuner isn't a real issue for me since the signal is from VCR and sound probably not an issue either as most of the home movies have no sound. (yeah, many were transferred to VHS from 8mm a zillion years ago, I am not only poor but old Smilie

Pet peeve: why don't mfrs or vendors or both give chipset information for things like this. It is so hard unless you physically have the card and spot a number on a chip. I guess because only Linuxers care about chipset numbers Traurig

This is the exact card I have. In fact - this is the same vendor that I bought it from. Smilie

Works great w/ tvtime or xawtv. You can record analog video to hdd with **censored** or xawtv.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.