28.03.2024, 19:58 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
SentralOrigin
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 27.10.2006, 21:15 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Okt 2005
Thanks for all the help so far hubi - You're only human I know and knowledge can only go to a certain extent for people. You've brought me this far, even if it didn't solve my problems. This "frequency" thing seems to enter the physics boundaries and whatnot, and seems REALLY complicated...I've asked around on different Linux forums, but all they did was flame me for being a noob. I haven't even said anything wrong, just repeated nicely basically everything I noted here in this thread. At least you were kind of enough to try and help at least. I guess from here on out I'll have to find someone that specializes in this new "frequency" thing...ahhh, Linux really is a technological journey. Good adventure and experience ^^

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
hubi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 27.10.2006, 21:39 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Jan 2006
Well, it seems to be that the alsa people just did not get the specs for your device and therefore just cannot program the driver. Unfortunatelly sometimes a sad story about the relationship between hardware vendors and Linux developers.

And it always makes me sad, when people get flamed just for asking questions. There was one SuSE thread I just read where one guy was asking about exactly your device, and he more or less got insulted for being stupid. I really do not understand these people.

My experience in Linux world is, the more technically challenging a distribution the nicer the people. I started off with Fedora about three years ago and was completely new (I even had problems to find out what to do with the file tree), and the people on the fedora mailing-list never ever flamed me, they got me through all my problems.

Same here at Kanotix, in this very small "family". Very high profiled programmers are writing here as well as endusers (experienced and newbies), but nobody ever gets flamed.

I really have no more ideas about your speakers, but I hope you still will have a look at Linux or Kanotix or continue to use it. Just forget the flamers, they usually know nothing but cannot admit it. Strange people actually.

All the best and greetings
hubi

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
hubi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 27.10.2006, 21:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Jan 2006
Just saw your kernel-message screenshot. Not that I would understand it, but: are you using a Debian or a Kanotix kernel? No idea if it would make a difference.
Code:
uname -r

Just out of interest. Never thought of a kernel issue.

hubi

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
SentralOrigin
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.10.2006, 21:40 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Okt 2005
2.6.18-kanotix-1

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.