19.03.2024, 09:45 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
freshmeadow
Titel: I think computers are actually alive.  BeitragVerfasst am: 10.11.2006, 21:11 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Aug 2006
After 20+ years of computing I have come to the conclusion that computers are alive. Yes, I said alive and they laugh at us behind our backs!
Case in point: I installed Kanotix RC-4 and re-nstalled it twice on the same computer, did upgrades etc. Installed RealPlayer10 and no sound on internet radio, not a squeak.
2 weeks later, re-installed Kanotix again, RealPlayer all the same way, same machine. Clicked on National Public Radio and voila! Sound, playing internet radio perfectly!
The inescapable conclusion: our computers are alive, and they have a sense of humour!javascript:emoticon('Winken')
Enjoy Kanotix, it rocks!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Cathbard
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 12.11.2006, 17:44 Uhr
Artist
Artist

Anmeldung: 11. Aug 2005
You are mistaken. It isn't computers that are alive but rather that you aren't. It does get confusing when ai modules use virtual computers inside a virtual world doesn't it?

If it is possible to create a believable world populated with sentient ai then there would be many of these worlds but only one "real" world. It therefore follows that it is far more probable that this is an artificial reality and this is not the year 2006.
Perhaps stupid people are ai modules cursed with memory leaks because they were written on M$ machines. Winken

freshmeadow
Titel: Virtual life?  BeitragVerfasst am: 13.11.2006, 15:51 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Aug 2006
I agree. What you say actually makes sense. We are experimental programs running in a virtual simulation. Computer glitches are actually experiments to test our reactions and fine-tune the simulation.
Regardless, two things appear to be true: 1. It's tea time for this simulation and 2. Kanotix is still an awesome (virtual) distro!
Take care from Guelph, Ontario Canada.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.