28.03.2024, 05:58 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
brodders
Titel: Is Kanotix still a LiveCD?  BeitragVerfasst am: 15.11.2006, 10:44 Uhr

Anmeldung: 15. Jan 2005

Hi guys,

that's a troll.

My point here is this - looking around the various posts, it's clear that people expect to install Kanotix. And that the various nice things (like OOo, recent kernel etc) are POST install.

But. Wasn't the idea to have, to BE a liveCD with all this stuff on it?

So anyone can walk up to an anonymous PC & boot into a full, current system?

Is this idea being abandoned (..well omitted) - by the approach of "install a something and patch it for an hour"?

I run from LiveCD. I do not have spare partitions on my laptop.

Traurig ..what's going on?

brodders

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
hey_ian
Titel: RE: Is Kanotix still a LiveCD?  BeitragVerfasst am: 15.11.2006, 10:52 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Jan 2006
Kanotix is indeed a live CD with the newest kernel. OK OO.org was too big for the LiveCD and so it was replaced by KOffice, which is also very big.

Kanotix is not JUST a LiveCD like e.g. Knoppix for testing purposes, but a LiveCD optimized for install, which installs pure Debian SID.

The idea of maiking a LiveCD was not abandoned.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.