28.03.2024, 16:29 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
piper
Titel: Who's playing whom?  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.11.2006, 16:52 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
Who's playing whom?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
PlatinumPlus
Titel: RE: Who  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.11.2006, 14:28 Uhr

Anmeldung: 30. Nov 2005
mmmh???

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Cuddles
Titel: RE: Who  BeitragVerfasst am: 16.11.2006, 13:42 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Jul 2004
piper,

I tend to agree with the author, though he did run both sides of the fence, I cant really say, who is playing who, on this one...

I know Microsoft, and not much about Novell, and both of there practices. They both, as far as I can tell, are reaping a very nice benefit from being "bed-fellows" at the moment... Novell is usually running on about 90% of the XP computers I have seen, as a "background" networking client/server. So, Novell has to be seeing something from this "partnership", and Microsoft is gaining in this as well, in having a nice, well rounded, OS, that has networking support, built-in.

Its hard to say, why the decision, and even more, why the acceptance, of this? Is Microsoft doing, what they "usually" do? Are they attempting to engulf and devour, something that is a part of there OS, but, not under there control? Is this mearly a practice, of years gone past, to "encorporate" an entity to keep costs down, or just to "control" it? Is Novell out of its mind, or was this a "thought out" plan, of which, it has been taken to every possible outcome? Does Novell plan to gain from this, or think, they will? Or, is Novell going to simply be another "acquisition" of Ol' Mighty, and when they are done reaping everything they have, will simply be tossed in the disgarded pile of bones and rubble?

Time will tell, as the author said, arrogance is on the side of Microsoft, and Novell may be playing off of that, or all of it may just be a major blunder by some poor, and in-the-future, unemployed, person in some marketing stratagy mistake? A big mistake made by someone, somewhere, that, raised there hand, and said: "Hey! Why dont we do this?"

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Yahoo Messenger  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.