19.03.2024, 11:47 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
toothpick
Titel: Unable to open a console in X (PTY Read/Write Error)  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.10.2006, 13:17 Uhr

Anmeldung: 04. Mar 2004

Konsole is unable to open a PTY (pseudo teletype). It is likely that this is due to an incorrect configuration of the PTY devices. Konsole needs to have read/write access to the PTY devices.

Not sure what I did to cause the above...

I noticed it after changing from kdm to entrance, but went back to kdm with same problem.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden AIM-Name  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
zulu9
Titel: Unable to open a console in X (PTY Read/Write Error)  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.10.2006, 16:01 Uhr

Anmeldung: 31. Jul 2004

I had the same problem and there is a fix for now (thx to Benix from kanotix-irc)

apt-get install initscripts/testing
(reboot)

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
kelmo
Titel: RE: Unable to open a console in X (PTY Read/Write Error)  BeitragVerfasst am: 11.10.2006, 07:25 Uhr
Developer
Developer

Anmeldung: 01. Okt 2004
See kanotix.com new section for the cause and cure.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Joe Soap
Titel: RE: Unable to open a console in X (PTY Read/Write Error)  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.01.2007, 08:34 Uhr

Anmeldung: 24. Jan 2005

I'm getting the same problem (Konsole unable to open) and installing initscripts tells me "initscripts is already the newest version". Any ideas?

Where is the kanotix.com new section?

Thanks
Joe

Joe Soap
Titel: RE: Unable to open a console in X (PTY Read/Write Error)  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.01.2007, 12:09 Uhr

I've tried apt-get dist-upgrade but that didn't help...

Joe Soap
Titel: RE: Unable to open a console in X (PTY Read/Write Error)  BeitragVerfasst am: 09.01.2007, 09:31 Uhr

*bump*

Joe Soap
Titel: RE: Unable to open a console in X (PTY Read/Write Error)  BeitragVerfasst am: 09.02.2007, 11:42 Uhr

On the off chance that somebody might be experiencing the same problem, here's how it was eventually solved.

I added this line to my fstab:

devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0

and it seemed to do tthe trick.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.