19.03.2024, 09:27 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
prometeus7
Titel: Prometeus Academia Kanotix remaster avaliable!!!  BeitragVerfasst am: 17.06.2006, 08:04 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Mai 2005
Prepare for Experimental Prometeus Academia Cool

Download here

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/brpr ... o?download

md5sum f7776f16483202652de97186b5681c3e

This is a experimental release,apt-get diisable,consider this before start download

Basen on Kanotix + Knoppix 5.01

Brazilian/English language(another languages are possible)

Kernel 2.6.17-rc5 smp with many patches

KDE 3.5.2

XORG Version 7.0

ANTIVIRUS(CLAMAV AND QT INTERFACE KLAMAV)

EDUCATIVE SOFTWARES

OPENOFFICE Version 2.02

KBFX

SCIM Smart Common Input Method (press ctrl + space for use)Multilingual input support

Gimp,Scribus,Inkscape,Wine,Nvu,Qcad,Amarok1.4,Kopete0.12 from JulioCBM,
Amsn with antialiasing,Skype,Firefox1.5.04 with skin,Thunderbird,Kdissert,
Ksociogram,Kino,AvidemuxFirestarter,Gtkpod,Kaffeine,Ksmoothdock,Kiso,
Kshutdown,Keurocalc,KbabelSuperkaramba,Gaim,D4x,Yakuake,Kommander,Moodin

Superkaramba and kbfx buttons,kicker themes are localized in /usr/local/prometeus

Skins for kbfx in /usr/share/apps/kbfx

Some extensions of Firefox are disable,active if necessary

No games

P2p ktorrent only

Graphic Installer

Arts is default sound server

Icewm.Wmaker,Fluxbox

http://www.kde-look.org/content/pre1/38745-1.jpg

This kbfx skin (menu) get here http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=40162 and unpack for /usr/share/apps/kbfx/skiins
for active the menu use Kcontrol,select the theme apply and reload

Zuletzt bearbeitet von prometeus7 am 22.06.2006, 21:07 Uhr, insgesamt ein Mal bearbeitet

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Richard
Titel: RE: Prometeus Academia Kanotix remaster avaliable!!!  BeitragVerfasst am: 17.06.2006, 17:56 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Nov 2005
Congratulations to the Prometeus Academia team.
I hope they will do as well as Edubuntu. I'm going to give them a try.

I just installed 3 workstations in a pre-school with Edubuntu beacause it is available.
It is simple and fills a need. And can be installed on machines with minumum 32 MB
memory as thin clients or workstations.

It is a great idea and I predict will have a really great acceptance.
It isn't the best implementation I can think of, though.

I feel a better implementation would be based on XFCE.

Richard.

Richard
Titel: RE: Prometeus Academia Kanotix remaster avaliable!!!  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.06.2006, 18:36 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Nov 2005
Academia takes a while to download.
Booted from the iso with no problems. Works smooth and fast. After all, it is Kanotix.

Looking at how to add more educational apps.
I guess to make it look more like Edubuntu but work better. Edu is slow to install, etc.
Edubuntu is a great idea. All the school apps on a bootable/installable CD.

I want to add Gcompris, Tuxpaint, all the Kde Edu suite, the Gnome Edu group, etc.
For school use many of the utilities are not needed. OOo202rc4(-3) is the most stable to date.

Klenje
Titel: RE: Prometeus Academia Kanotix remaster avaliable!!!  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.06.2006, 23:19 Uhr

Anmeldung: 04. Apr 2006
looks really interesting... how do you things like the RAM and CPU management in the KDE panel like in the first screenshot?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen MSN Messenger  
eco2geek
Titel: RE: Prometeus Academia Kanotix remaster avaliable!!!  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.06.2006, 05:13 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Mai 2004
It's actually not a KDE panel, it's a Superkaramba theme named GlassTaskBar. (Note the "real" kicker right above it.)

Good work on the look 'n' feel.

tom_s
Titel: RE: Prometeus Academia Kanotix remaster avaliable!!!  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.06.2006, 03:18 Uhr

Anmeldung: 04. Apr 2006

prometeus7

I realize that Prometeus Academia is not aimed at me. I'm a desktop user who runs Live Linux as his main OS, and who passes out Linux occasionally to interested potential converts. Since Prometeus has Open Office, I had to try it.

This "experimental" release is surprisingly good for my purposes.

As with Knoppix, the PCI-Express refresh rate issue is gone. No more 60hz on a CRT!

Fixed are Knoppix 5.0.1 out-of-the-box issues with printer drivers, Open Office registration, and Konqueror-super-user-mode language.

Not fixed from Knoppix 5.0.1 - KSysGuard. If KSysGuard is reconfigured and then the Prometeus configuration is saved, then when Prometeus is restarted with the myconf cheatcode, KSysGuard has no worksheets and no process table.

No klik. Bummer!

Saving the Prometeus config can be frustrating. Try it on a flashpen that is plugged in after Prometeus is booted. Sometimes the config save script identifies a flashpen without a partition number (sda instead of sda1 as in Konqueror). When this happens, the configuration will not be saved. There are ways around the problem. Besides, if the flashpen has been inserted before Prometeus is started, then the partition number is identified and there is no problem saving the configuration on that flashpen. Also, the config can be saved to a hard drive and copied to the flash pen. Still, if this CD is to be given to potential converts, it would be best to spiffy this up.

For U.S. users, the keyboard layout can be switched with this shortcut:
Alt+Ctrl+k
The keyboard setting is here:
menu>settings>ControlCenter>Regional&Accessibility

Best Wishes,
Tom

jcassidy
Titel: remaster available  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.09.2006, 15:12 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Sep 2006

Hi There:

I tried your remaster, most excellent choice of software, and style/looks.

1. Are the scripts you are using to remaster GPL?
2. Having removed apt-get and dpkg, does not allow for modification, I notice rpm and alien are there, however it is an ugly way to inject back.
3. All siad and done, I would be more than glad to give you a hand, as I think this is very worthwhile.

Thanks,
John

jackiebrown
Titel: RE: remaster available  BeitragVerfasst am: 09.05.2007, 04:40 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Mai 2005
http://kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t ... eteus.html

gs
Titel: RE: remaster available  BeitragVerfasst am: 09.05.2007, 07:15 Uhr

Anmeldung: 06. Jan 2005

tried ACADEMIA yesterday, but am unable to find an installer or commands in terminal - "knoppix-installer", "kanotix-installer" and "ACADEMIA-installer" not working.....
Appreciate any how-to for harddisk install.
Thanks!

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.