19.03.2024, 02:09 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
snakedriverx
Titel: 2007-rc5 sound issue  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.08.2007, 01:38 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Aug 2007

On my Sager 4750V laptop (AMD 64-bit) with Kanotix-2007-rc5, the system boots fine and I come up in X with ATI 9600 (M10) with the RV350 driver and with working sound. When I bring up my rt2500 (or Madwifi pcmcia) wireless with network card config, The network comes up but I get: "Sound server fatal error, CPU Overload, Aborting". X would reconfigure itself and come up with artifacs.

I tried various cheat codes thinking that it was an IRQ issue, irqpoll, nosmp, noapic, pnpbios=off, noaudio, nofirewire, etc., with & without the kanotix prefix. None seemed to work.

I found a temp workaround, fix-unionfs; go into KDE & turn off sound; bring up the wireless network; run "alsaconfig".

That would work for 10 to 15 min, then the video starts artifacs again.

I don't really want to install until I know that I can fix the issue.

Any thoughts? Kernel update? Alsa update?

PS: I had no problems with KANOTIX-2006-RC4; everything worked Smilie

Thanks for thinking on this issue...

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: 2007-rc5 sound issue  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.08.2007, 11:39 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

Try hd install and kernel update.

GP
Titel: Kanotix has fade away long enough!  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.08.2007, 22:18 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Apr 2005

Where's 2007-rc5? As far as I can tell, the last RC was 2006-01-RC4 in Oct. 2006, that's almost a year ago. There has been no stable release since December 2005, yes 2005! That's 20 months ago. This distro is dead, kaput, finished!

Why is Kano still answering this kind of troll? Why doesn't he call it quits and close his friggin site? This is totally distasteful.

Kanotix has faded away long enough!

gmx99
Titel: Kanotix has fade away long enough!  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.08.2007, 08:46 Uhr

Anmeldung: 04. Sep 2006

Hi GP,

stay cool man. Winken Look at this: http://kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-23972.html

Greets,
gmx99

GP
Titel: Re: Kanotix has fade away long enough!  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.08.2007, 20:40 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Apr 2005

gmx99 hat folgendes geschrieben::
Hi GP,
stay cool man. Winken Look at this: http://kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-23972.html

Ok, so now the new releases are advertised on IRC and are not present in the standard download directory? Will it get to RC 17 like last release, somewhere around 2053?

I'm sorry, man, This nonsense doesn't make much sense. I come here every forth month or so to see if Kano has called it quits, and he never does. But nothing happens: no new release in 20 months and the release candidates are piling up over an incredible stretch.

Have fun, but this isn't helping Linux's reputation much.

wh7qq
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.08.2007, 22:16 Uhr

Anmeldung: 04. Jul 2005
So, GP, now that you've vented your spleen on a true mover and shaker in the Linux community who continues to give freely of his time and knowledge to those of us who have asked, what have you contributed other than your petulant verbal diarrhea?

What is hard on the reputation of Linux is folks who demand a freebie and then bitch and moan when it isn't awaiting their pleasure on a silver platter when they return "every forth month or so". Please feel free to extend your interval indefinitely if it is burdensome to you.

DeepDayze
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 27.08.2007, 17:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 08. Dez 2005

Give Kano a break, GP...the guy's been working hard behind the scenes to get the new Kanotix out.

jackiebrown
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 28.08.2007, 03:00 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Mai 2005
GP, what's it matter to you anyways? If you don't like the way Kano operates then quit coming here.

I am looking forward to the release. It should be interesting.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.