19.03.2024, 04:07 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
vilde
Titel: Problems with sata hd on converter  BeitragVerfasst am: 21.09.2007, 23:13 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Apr 2006

I have posted this problem before on "software" but i want to put it here on "hardware" instead. On all kernels after something like 2.6.17 two hard disks on my friends box is not recognized, we don't need them when we boot into Linux but the problem makes the boot time very long and it also mess up usb. One hard disk is an ata hd connected to sata controller vi an adapter-cable, the other is a sata hd, when the ide hd is connected both fails to work. "Unfortunately" it works on both Vista and XP and also as I mentioned on older kernels. Kano suggested to set the hd to legacy mode or ata in Bios, this is not possible on this box (HP Pavilion).
So if there is no way to make this work I wonder if there is a way for GRUB to hide this two hard disks on boot so we can get the boot time down to normal and also maybe get usb to work?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.