19.03.2024, 05:38 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
SteveR
Titel: Upgrade 2005-04?  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.10.2007, 04:21 Uhr

Anmeldung: 19. Aug 2006
I'm considering upgrading from HD installed 2005-04 (stable) to Thorhammer.

2005-04 still works well for me, but Kanotix seems to have moved dramatically forward, and I would like to stay current. If the upgrade is too difficult or problematic then I won't do it, however. If Thorhammer still needs work, then I might also wait.

I looked through the old FAQs on upgrades but the info there seems to be for upgrading to earlier versions. Don't know if that information still applies for this larger jump.

So, what steps would be required to move to Thorhammer?

Another question -- I use Open Office, -- I'm guessing that is no longer in the package, would it have to be installed after the upgrade?

I also wonder if QCad is still in the package.

Is there a list of the programs bundled on the new version?

Thanks for your help!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Daddy-G
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.10.2007, 09:46 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Mar 2005

Hallo
It seems that you haven't watched the Kanotix-development last year.
2005-4 is outdated, a dist-upgrade in one step is not possible.
So I would recommand download thorhammerRC6 and test it with your hardware in live mode.
Whith a fast internet connection you can customize the live Cd, too by using "unionfs" as cheatcode.
or when live Cd is running
su
fix-unionfs
apt-get update
apt-get install <package>

Thorhammer has openoffice included, Only the former 2006-RC's had Koffice instead.

After testing is successful you may install Thorhammer on HD
Use the latest acritoxinstaller-version

Greetings
Daddy-G

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
SteveR
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 25.10.2007, 23:17 Uhr

Anmeldung: 19. Aug 2006
Thank you Daddy-G.

No I haven't kept up with developments. But am interested in the current verson.

If I now install to HD from the new CD will it overwrite user data in the Home directory? or will it preserve that?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
gs
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.10.2007, 06:04 Uhr

Anmeldung: 06. Jan 2005

if you do an update-install - the installer offers this option - your home etc will be preserved, but you will loose programs which have been installed by you....

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.