19.03.2024, 02:39 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
xan_asmodi
19 Titel: Dist-upgrade  BeitragVerfasst am: 17.05.2008, 19:28 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Mai 2008

Just got my PC and popped in an old (2006) disk with kanotix on it. installed to hard drive got it set up then did
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

Long story short my upgrade is hung on updating libpth20_2.0.7-8_i386.deb, ive tried the suggestions on http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?p=84647&sid=273b6525fb0dcf98c0777f5896cadc87 to no avail and was wondering if any one on here could give me a hand rather than having to reinstall.

Ta!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
ockham23
Titel: Dist-upgrade  BeitragVerfasst am: 17.05.2008, 19:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

You'll run into all kinds of problems using the Kanotix repository because too much has changed since then. It should be possible to convert your install into Debian stable if you limit the dist-upgrade to the Debian repositories and add a few tweaks. But that would shut out all of Kano's improvements. Install RC7 instead and dist-upgrade from there.

xan_asmodi
Titel: RE: Dist-upgrade  BeitragVerfasst am: 17.05.2008, 22:49 Uhr

Thanks for the quick post! I'll d/l the .iso and try and hook up my burner tomorrow when I get back from work. I hope it's my friends burner that's dodgy and not my CDs.

I'll let you know how I get on.

xan_asmodi
Titel: RE: Dist-upgrade  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.05.2008, 05:13 Uhr

Installed thorhammer, it was my CD-Rs that where dodgy.

one more question... what is the best was to set iceWM as the default?

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.