19.03.2024, 02:30 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
eco2geek
Titel: Glad to see a new Kanotix version is out  BeitragVerfasst am: 05.01.2010, 09:12 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Mai 2004
From Thorhammer (on a hard disk)...

to Excalibur (on a live CD)...

Cool. I'm extremely curious to see what the KDE4 version looks like.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
caillean
Titel: Glad to see a new Kanotix version is out  BeitragVerfasst am: 05.01.2010, 09:49 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Mai 2008
hello, eco2geek

you can join #kanotix on irc.freenode.net and ask there for the KDE4-excalibur-iso Smilie

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden  
Daddy-G
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 05.01.2010, 10:44 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Mar 2005

Last year many former KDE-users complainted about KDE4 as a default in some distros, said it was too early for a productive system. Some people changed to gnome. Geschockt

But it was nice, that Kano had some optional KDE4 versions in his Excalibur.iso samples for testing and become familiar with it. Smilie

eco2geek
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 06.01.2010, 03:18 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Mai 2004
Daddy-G hat folgendes geschrieben::
Last year many former KDE-users complainted about KDE4 as a default in some distros, said it was too early for a productive system. Some people changed to gnome. Geschockt

Let's just say it was a good opportunity to learn more about GNOME. Winken

IMHO, KDE4 wasn't very useable until v4.2, and even then, it took until recently with v4.3 to give you lots of configuration options, and for apps like K3b to get ported over. And the flame wars -- aseigo must have an extremely thick skin.

GNOME was a good place to go while it all shook out. We'll have to see what happens to it, if and when its developers go forward with their GNOME Shell idea.

dptxp
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 06.01.2010, 16:13 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Dez 2007

It is nice to see that we, after a long, long time, have a new Kanotix version.
Hope to see the final release soon.

spottyrover
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.04.2010, 13:28 Uhr

Anmeldung: 11. Apr 2005

I have looked at kde4.3 and will stick to kde3 until forced to change to ubuntu unless alot changes with kde4.
So I am hoping to stick with a distro which has kde3 for aqs long as possible as I prefer not to use ubuntu.
Dave

harrys
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 09.06.2010, 23:57 Uhr

Anmeldung: 30. Okt 2005

I'm also really happy to see a new Kanotix. As far as KDE4 is concerned, it is the future. I've been running 4 on one hard drive or another since somewhere around 4.2.1. Every new release brings improvements. Now I'm running 4.4.4. In my never humble opinion, 4.4.4 is on a par with 3.5.10 in terms of stability, and several steps ahead in terms of eye candy. Also, I think 4.4.4 is actually easier to work with than 3.5.x, but there is a pretty severe learning curve for those trying KDE4 for the first time. It's kinda like that old saying. "Linux isn't Windows." And for sure, KDE4 isn't KDE3.

Harry S

Kano
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 10.06.2010, 06:55 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

KDE4 has more eye candy than KDE3 but needs more ram and resources. I usually prefer KDE3, but with squeeze later there will be no KDE3 version anymore. Currently the branding is a bit problematic. Did anybody see cathbard around?

dptxp
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2010, 18:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Dez 2007

Nice to see so many new releases after a long time.
I am going to see 64-bit KDE4.

DeepDayze
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.06.2010, 16:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 08. Dez 2005

I know there will be KDE3 diehards out there and Excalibur fills those needs nicely for the time being. Right now KDE4 is improving yet still has a ways to go before being considered as solid as KDE 3.5.10 was. What Excalibur has are some apps that are pretty recent that have been backported to Lenny, so that will keep it going for a bit longer IMO.

An LXDE or XFCE edition of excalibur would be nice...on a Debian Testing base though, to allow upgrading as new apps come out.

About time there's a new public release of Kanotix out there as many people have thought Kanotix was dead.

jpisini
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 18.06.2010, 19:53 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Jun 2010

I am really enjoying the new Kanotix and love the fact that there is a KDE 3.5 version. I have nothing against KDE 4 and even like 4.3 but I still prefer KDE 3.5 and don’t want to switch right now. Thanks for making a new version guys I honestly thought the distro was dead no news in a long time I was pleasantly surprised to see the new release announcement at distrowatch.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.