19.03.2024, 11:03 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
ElZorro
Titel: Poor sound levels in Kanotix 2.6.38RC6.iso 32 bit  BeitragVerfasst am: 10.03.2011, 14:42 Uhr

Anmeldung: 19. Sep 2006

Very low sound levels in Kanotix, asus board using intel sound chip.
All volume levels at max, but very weak, no problem in debian squeeze, which uses pulseaudio.
I installed this and things were no better
Also keyboard defaults to German and as I had a passwd starting with z could not log in until I realized.
Also after installing a US keyboard in settings, alt-F2 still transposes y for z.
Any enlightenment welcome
Regardz
El Zorro

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: Poor sound levels in Kanotix 2.6.38RC6.iso 32 bit  BeitragVerfasst am: 10.03.2011, 14:55 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

You can disable the kde keyboard switching, it is just nice to test our systems to be able to switch to correct layout more easyly that way. Switch to correct one (by clicking on the flag icon) and then completely disable it (hint: right click).

As far as i know you don't get pulse audio preinstalled on a pure squeeze install, but in the irc the bot knows

!pa

to install and

!pa-remove

to remove pulse audio (best reboot then). You may not use a .asoundrc file in your home when you want to use pa. I would suggest using

alsamixer

in the console, that mixer tool shows everything too or if you like pulse use puvcontrol later. For system with 1 sound card only pulse might be overkill, but basically it is useful when you have got more than just one output device.

ElZorro
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 12.03.2011, 06:17 Uhr

Anmeldung: 19. Sep 2006

Hi Kano,
thanks for replying,
I had to renistall and got past the default Deutsch keyboartd in Herr Lobel's acrotix installer by configuring locality and keyboard in the live dvd first, acrotix then carried these preferences to the HDD install.

I configured all the ALSA chanels and sound volume was then OK,.
in Kanotix hellfire.
Regardz
El Zorro

mai77
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 10.05.2011, 13:41 Uhr

Anmeldung: 08. Mai 2011

sound settings are traditionally a bit of an issue in Linux, unfortunately.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.