19.03.2024, 02:37 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
brucedp
Titel: Clock set to UTC and can't change it even with root password  BeitragVerfasst am: 06.08.2011, 05:30 Uhr

Anmeldung: 06. Aug 2011

I just installed the latest 32bit version of Kanotix on a friend's PC that I set up to have a multi OS boot.

All other OS use the PC's clock set to local PST -8Hr (for Los Angeles time zone). But when I boot up in Kanotix it resets the PC clock to UTC (8 hours ahead).

In Kanotix when I use the system tools to configure the clock, it properly asks for the root login. But even after I give it, make the changes to Los Angeles time zone and hit apply, I get an unauthorized error (?!?)

The same error happens when I close the app, then reopen it and only want to set the automatic time sync function, when I hit apply, it pukes with that unauthorized error.

I suppose it is not truly big deal except that that clock with the wrong time is in his face all the time, and will likely bug him. Also, any files created will have the wrong time/date on them.

The root password works fine on other parts of the system tools apps. It is just that one time/date system tool that seems to not know I have given the root password and I am allowed to make those changes.

Help please.
-Bruce

Hardware:
HP Media Center m270n Desktop PC
P4 2.8GHz (socket 478 hyper threading)
2Gb PC3200 400MHz DDR ram (1 & 1Gb sticks)
160Gb EIDE hard drive

sda1 winxp 30Gb ntfs
sda2 1Gb swap
sda3 extended partition
sda4 pclinuxos 2011.6 kde 30Gb ext3
sda5 Kanotix 2011.05 Hellfire 30Gb ext3
sda6 Mint 10 kde 30Gb ext3
sda7 1Gb swap
sda8 40Gb file storage ntfs

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: Clock set to UTC and can  BeitragVerfasst am: 06.08.2011, 09:27 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

The best would be using UTC on every install, there is a reg hack for win btw. If you dont want to do that:

sed -i 's/\(^UTC\)=.*/\1=no/' /etc/default/rcS

select timezone using:

dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

set correct time (needs internet):

fix-time

The problem is when the summer time is switched xp will change the clock when not set to utc not matter if the clock was already adjusted or not. thats even more funny with more than 1 win install ona box. btw. osx always resets time to utc.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.