19.03.2024, 02:19 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
coyotl
Titel: systemd, opinion of the Kanotix team?  BeitragVerfasst am: 30.12.2014, 14:08 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Apr 2011
To me this system change sounds rather bad, but then I'm not exactly technical.
Seems to be on the verge of creating a fork of Debian.

And a lot of complaints about coding as well as design (Linus Torvalds calls some of the hacks 'insane').

Is this seen as a potential problem for Kanotix?

Right now I suppose the KDE version of Kanotix is a petty good systemd alternative.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: systemd, opinion of the Kanotix team?  BeitragVerfasst am: 30.12.2014, 15:17 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

Kanotix Spitfire uses systemd since several months. It is created every night.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
coyotl
Titel: RE: systemd, opinion of the Kanotix team?  BeitragVerfasst am: 30.12.2014, 17:04 Uhr

Thanks. I hope the controversy is overblown. Will check out Spitfire.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
SOCRATE_MMXII
Titel: RE: systemd, opinion of the Kanotix team?  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.10.2015, 06:40 Uhr

Anmeldung: 06. Okt 2015

Is there a way to use sysinitV in Kanotix?
I'm not a huge fan of systemd, but I like kanotix. I use it as my main OS.

SOCRATE_MMXII
Titel: Re: systemd, opinion of the Kanotix team?  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.10.2015, 10:33 Uhr

coyotl hat folgendes geschrieben::
To me this system change sounds rather bad, but then I'm not exactly technical.
Seems to be on the verge of creating a fork of Debian.

And a lot of complaints about coding as well as design (Linus Torvalds calls some of the hacks 'insane').

Is this seen as a potential problem for Kanotix?

Right now I suppose the KDE version of Kanotix is a petty good systemd alternative.

That's already started: the debian fork without systemd is called Devuan.

Kano
Titel: Re: systemd, opinion of the Kanotix team?  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.10.2015, 12:10 Uhr

Dragenfire used sysvinit, Spitfire uses systemd, usually you do not even notice that is is used.

SOCRATE_MMXII
Titel: RE: Re: systemd, opinion of the Kanotix team?  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.10.2015, 16:59 Uhr

For general user, systemd or sysvinit doesn't make any difference; but for server admins...sysvinit is much more easier to work with.
I'm staying with Dragonfire. Sehr glücklich

Kano
Titel: RE: Re: systemd, opinion of the Kanotix team?  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.10.2015, 22:08 Uhr

What do you configure with sysvinit that you can not do with systemd?

SOCRATE_MMXII
Titel: RE: Re: systemd, opinion of the Kanotix team?  BeitragVerfasst am: 10.10.2015, 11:25 Uhr

It's the debugging part of a problem a bit difficult, that's all. But, I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

coyotl
Titel: RE: Re: systemd, opinion of the Kanotix team?  BeitragVerfasst am: 13.01.2017, 21:54 Uhr

Devuan has come a long way now, easiest way to install it seems to be Refracta as that is a proper live distro.
With LXDE + slim login manager this is a perfect end user distro on my old netbook (eee 1000H)

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.