19.04.2024, 21:04 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Poll
Have you installed Xorg 7.0 already?
yes
77%
 77%  [ 46 ]
no, not yet
22%
 22%  [ 13 ]
i will not use it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Stimmen insgesamt : 59

Autor Nachricht
jackiebrown
Titel: Re: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what are the pr  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.04.2006, 03:26 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Mai 2005
dpdt1 hat folgendes geschrieben::
64bit here, upgraded succesfully. sux doesn't work as said earlier plus i lost keyboard layout (greek in my case), and can't seem to recover it. xorg.conf seems exactly as it was before in that section but still i can't switch to greek no matter what..

i think we are stuck on some thing for a while along with all non i386
Debian Package Search

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
dpdt1
Titel: Re: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what are the pr  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.04.2006, 09:54 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Jan 2006
h2 hat folgendes geschrieben::

You'll also see a question, a blue box, that asks if you want to keep your keyboard layout, default is no, keep it as no.

i think i was fool enough to choose yes there. so i'm to blame.

jackie, there is an xbase-clients package that someone (found in the amd64 debian mailist) compiled.. maybe i'll try it and let you know..

http://www.fugmann.net/~afu/amd64/xbase ... _amd64.deb

It's An Emergency

dpdt1
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what are th  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.04.2006, 10:09 Uhr

works great!

sux works like before plus greek kb layout is back!

It's An Emergency

dpdt1
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what are th  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.04.2006, 14:10 Uhr

kanotix repos also got their own xbase-clients package and that too works!!
thanks, guys.

It's An Emergency

golfgreg
Titel: Re: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what are the pr  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.04.2006, 16:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 10. Mar 2005
had 1 slight problem (lost my icons control center) after which devil gave me the answer again within 2-3 seconds, all is well Winken Smilie T

Piper, May I ask how you solved this icon problem with the control center???

That is all that is wrong here, love kanotix,

Greg

h2
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what are th  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.04.2006, 18:42 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2005

Sorry, I meant the blue box asks if you want to CHANGE [not 'keeep'] your layout, default is no, chooose no unless you have some very good reason to change it to the new option. Picking No will keep your layout as is.

@jens
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what are th  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.04.2006, 19:15 Uhr

Anmeldung: 10. Mar 2006

I did the dist-upgrade today. All went fine exept the latest nvidia driver (have a FX 5500). The refresh rate wasn't adjustable, and 70Hz is not enough for me. Never mind, I simply installed the older driver and had my 85Hz back.

Regards,
@jens

piper
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what are th  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.04.2006, 20:36 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
golfgreg hat folgendes geschrieben::
had 1 slight problem (lost my icons control center) after which devil gave me the answer again within 2-3 seconds, all is well Winken Smilie T

Piper, May I ask how you solved this icon problem with the control center???

That is all that is wrong here, love kanotix,

Greg

golfgreg try this first:

fix-kc

If that don't, work try this:

dpkg -i --force-confmiss --force-confnew /var/cache/apt/archives/kdebase-data_4%3a3.5.2-1_all.deb

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
piper
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what are th  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.04.2006, 20:41 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

There is a space between

confnew /var

Smilie

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
golfgreg
10 Titel: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what are th  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.04.2006, 21:39 Uhr

Anmeldung: 10. Mar 2005
Thanks piper,

The second part worked great, although the Kanotix menu in the kp is now lost....

That's alright though, this fix is enough.

There certainly is a few of you on this forum that are super fast and helpfull... so much that I usually don't have to ask the questions, they have already been answered!!

Thanks for the help, all of you!

Greg Lachen

piper
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what are th  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.04.2006, 22:49 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

You can try this:

apt-get install knxcc-kde

If that don't work give this a try:

apt-get install --reinstall kdebase-data then apt-get install knxcc-kde

jackiebrown
Titel: Re: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what are the pr  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.04.2006, 23:27 Uhr

You'll also see a question, a blue box, that asks if you want to keep your keyboard layout, default is no, keep it as no.

jackie, there is an xbase-clients package that someone (found in the amd64 debian mailist) compiled.. maybe i'll try it and let you know..

I know what I am installing when I get home

hubi
Titel: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what ar  BeitragVerfasst am: 15.04.2006, 00:15 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Jan 2006
piper hat folgendes geschrieben::
You can try this:

apt-get install knxcc-kde

If that don't work give this a try:

apt-get install --reinstall kdebase-data then apt-get install knxcc-kde

try first:
dpkg -i --force-confmiss --force-confnew /var/cache/apt/archives/kdebase-data_4%3a3.5.2-1_all.deb

hubi

jackiebrown
Titel: Re: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what are the pr  BeitragVerfasst am: 15.04.2006, 01:52 Uhr

jackiebrown hat folgendes geschrieben::

I know what I am installing when I get home

Ofcourse now its in debian. Winken

eco2geek
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 15.04.2006, 03:25 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Mai 2004
I updated my main box (32-bit Athlon CPU; nVidia card) by following devil28's instructions (before the warning not to dist-upgrade). All went well.

Notes: It's especially important to update the Kanotix scripts before reinstalling the nVidia driver, else it won't download a new one. Also, if you install the nVidia driver (which automatically starts X) before running "fix-fonts -e" and X won't start, running "fix-fonts -e" will fix the problem.

After the upgrade, bitmapped fonts are back in Firefox. (I haven't run "dpkg-reconfigure-fontconfig-config" yet.)

I had an X Cursor theme named Blue Glass 3D installed. Switching to it caused KDE to run with a black screen (nothing displayed except the kicker panel). Out it goes!

It would be interesting to know if there are any unnecessary files/directories left behind by the upgrade. It'd also be interesting to know when Xgl's gonna be in Sid!

t-bone
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Have you installed Xorg 7.0? what are the probs/  BeitragVerfasst am: 15.04.2006, 19:16 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Sep 2005

Damn. Spent 2 hours trying to use the fixes and advice on the forum to get the distro-upgrade to work. End result: Fortunately I had made a Ghost of my Kanotix before, because I certainly had to use it! Traurig

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
Kanotix-Newbie
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 16.04.2006, 00:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 24. Jul 2005

Damn. I just upgraded today (not dist-upgrade) and I already had Xorg7 installed. I noticed a few packages relating to xorg would be upgraded so I went to runlevel 3 and did the upgrade. Now I wrecked my system. I can't enter KDM and fix-xorg7.sh doesn't fix it anymore. Is it just me, or did anyone else experience the same problem ?

gardyloo
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 16.04.2006, 01:56 Uhr

Anmeldung: 14. Apr 2006

Kanotix-Newbie: Yep. I'm in the same boat as you. I'll leave it up to the experts to tell me when to upgrade again. Luckily, I have a rdiff-backup image from a few years ago, which has got me back to working in a nice way Smilie Sorry I can't help (yet).

master_b
Titel: updated with Synaptic today ( 16Apr Australian time)  BeitragVerfasst am: 16.04.2006, 03:48 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Nov 2004

Ran Synaptic and installed all changes.

Got console login only.

Followed instructions on main Kanotix page ( excluding nvidia fix) but still only get console.

log-in as user and then to root using sux.

startx

gives me a grey screen with a clock in top-right corner, 2 xterms on right side of screen and a large, oversized ( heightwise) term on the left - all in pale green.

The fix-xorg.sh script doesn't fix it..

Now I find that Kanotix site has a new warning re "do not upgrade etc".

How do I fix this, or do I just need to wait as per latest warning, for repo to be updated?

Bill

Zuletzt bearbeitet von master_b am 16.04.2006, 04:07 Uhr, insgesamt ein Mal bearbeitet

master_b
Titel: Re: updated with Synaptic today ( 16Apr Australian time)  BeitragVerfasst am: 16.04.2006, 03:52 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Nov 2004

(follow-up)

have determined that its TVM that loads.

Bill

jackiebrown
Titel: RE: Re: updated with Synaptic today ( 16Apr Australian time)  BeitragVerfasst am: 16.04.2006, 07:42 Uhr

same problem. i gave up and went back to 6.9. I will wait a couple of weeks

devil
Titel: Re: updated with Synaptic today ( 16Apr Australian time)  BeitragVerfasst am: 16.04.2006, 09:13 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
master_b,
synaptic is not to be used for dist-upgrade!!
there´s a new fix out today, check the news.
if after that kdm wont start, try: ln -s /usr/bin/X /usr/X11R6/bin

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

Bam
Titel: RE: Re: updated with Synaptic today ( 16Apr Australian time)  BeitragVerfasst am: 16.04.2006, 09:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Aug 2004

I have the same problem master_b & jackiebrown have. KDM won't start, KDE wont boot from "startkde". "startx" boots to TWM (the grey wm with green window borders). I did my dist-upgrade without any wm running (telinit 3). tried devil's advice above...still no help. I was on the IRC channel last night, got some great advice & a lot of help..thanks to everyone. But unfortunately I still can't boot KDE. I can load KDE from inside TVM, but that's just a mess. It appears to me that Xorg 7 works & my nvidia drivers work. the nvidia splash comes up when I startx & glxgears runs fine. Something is just causing KDE not to be able to find the xserver.

[edit] I also made sure I was using the latest fix-xorg7.sh script

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this.

titan
Titel: Re: updated with Synaptic today ( 16Apr Australian time)  BeitragVerfasst am: 16.04.2006, 10:27 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Mai 2005
devil28 hat folgendes geschrieben::

there´s a new fix out today, check the news.
if after that kdm wont start, try: ln -s /usr/bin/X /usr/X11R6/bin

greetz
devil

I did the original upgrade fine, no problems but today thing have gone wrong.

I followed the instructions ran the fix-xorg script but no X, tried your suggestion above, and also installed the radeon driver, run fix fonts and I get the following error.

fix-xorg7 .sh line 26 unexpected EOF while looking for matching '"'

fix-xorg7.sh line 31 syntax error expected end of file.

all suggestions welcome

Ian

devil
Titel: Re: updated with Synaptic today ( 16Apr Australian time)  BeitragVerfasst am: 16.04.2006, 11:56 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
titan,
when did you read the news/wget the new script? there was a little mistake in the wget.
it has to be wget -NC, not wget. with only wget the script will have been renamed to fix-xorg7-1.sh, if you happened to have the one from the other day still in home.
so check for that. maybe you executed the old fix.

greets
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.